For more than 60 years, ACE has been a nationally recognized leader in the evaluation of workforce and military training, providing standards, practices, and tools that higher education institutions can rely on. Many nontraditional students can demonstrate college-level knowledge and competencies. Such learning—gained from experiences outside postsecondary education—often merits academic credit. Credit for Prior Learning (CPL) provides a range of options from recognition of military and workforce training to national examinations and portfolio development. With more options comes the increased likelihood for greater numbers of learners to complete credentials.
Prior Learning Assessment
Facilitating learning is a broader topic than teaching. It includes designing effective and efficient programs, selection of appropriate course content and materials, the design of the course, classroom and online dynamics, and the art of content delivery in many different… Read More ›
Facilitating learning is a broader topic than teaching. It includes designing effective and efficient programs, selection of appropriate course content and materials, the design of the course, classroom and online dynamics, and the art of content delivery in many different venues and with many different teaching styles. This article is a compilation of many interviews with faculty from many disciplines, providing powerful testimonies and detailed implementation strategies for what has worked well in their classrooms. By studying this article and its linked resources, and by using the associated shared files, you will be able to:
• Enable students to participate in selecting and sharing resources for courses that will help them succeed.
• Explain strategies that can help students progress through the curriculum efficiently and measure the overall effectiveness of scheduling and advising processes.
• Explain the impact of student motivation on learning and success.
• Evaluate a wide variety of pedagogical strategies including lecturing, the flipped classroom, student focused teaching, modelling and simulations, game-based learning, collaborative learning, experiential learning, and metacognition.
• Design more effective online and blended learning experiences.