Our members have posted events of interest to the community from all over the World.
If you know of an appropriate event please add it to the list.
- This event has passed.
Emerging Leaders Program
June 2, 2018 @ 7:00 am - June 5, 2018 @ 12:00 pm UTC-5
For more information about the program and how to apply, please read the information below.
Eligible Participants and Nomination Process
Click here to apply and nominate a participant! The program is limited to 25 early to mid-career staff professional and faculty leaders who have shown leadership potential and desire to advance to mid-level administrative positions. The university’s president/chancellor or another cabinet-level administrator must nominate participants. It is important that attendees have the opportunity to utilize the knowledge obtained at ELP when they return to their campus. To that end, we ask the nominator plan with the nominee a future project/initiative that will provide the attendee an opportunity to expand his or her leadership skills. Examples of university projects include the following:
Nominating a candidate for ELP also includes the responsibility to mentor or designate a mentor for the participant and to provide guidance and advice on the project, initiative or assignment. Nomination packages should be forwarded to AASCU, attention Dr. Kenneth Dobbins, by Monday, March 12, 2018. The nomination package should contain the following:
- Chairing or co-chairing an important division- or university-wide committee or task force that requires working with multiple constituencies,
- Managing a project for a division or university strategic initiative, or
- Conducting a research project that investigates an important challenge the university faces and provides an opportunity for the participant to influence campus decision-makers using data.
For more information, contact: Dr. Kenneth Dobbins Emerging Leadership Program Coordinator President Emeritus Southeast Missouri State University email@example.com (574) 450-9204 or Linda Tate Meetings Coordinator AASCU firstname.lastname@example.org (202) 478-4698
- A nomination letter by the university’s president/chancellor or other cabinet-level member stating the nominee’s qualifications for the program, leadership strengths and areas for improvement, potential for advancement, and probable career opportunities.
- A description of the nominee’s project/initiative that has been planned by the nominee and nominator. It should include the significance of the project to the university, what professional development opportunities the nominee would receive by accomplishing the project/initiative, and who will be the mentor that will work with the attendee to accomplish the project/initiative.
You must log in to post a comment.